Our East End Apartment is a real home away from home and a private alternative to the soaring prices of heartless hotels.
You will find us in Berlins up-and-coming Theatre district in Berlin-Mitte near the river Spree. Just around the corner are the Museumsinsel, several historical landmarks, the famous shopping Mecca Friedrichstrasse as well as the Brandenburg Gate.
Welcome to Berlin!
Location The fully furnished East End Apartment is on the first floor of a listed building in the Planckstrasse, Berlin-Mitte.
Despite being close to public transport - S-Bahn and Metro station Friedrichstrasse, tram, buses and the riverboats are only steps away - the 108 sqm three-room-apartment is very tranquil, sun-flooded and there is plenty of greenery around.
A ten minute walk take you past the Bode-Museum and Monbijou-Bridge, onto lively Oranienburger Strasse with its international restaurants, the Synagogue, the cultural center „Tacheles,“ and to the renowned courtyards of Hackescher Markt. If you head into the opposite direction you’ll reach the Brandenburg Gate, the boulevard "Unter den Linden“, Humboldt-University and Berlin Cathedral.
The former heart of East-Berlin - the Alexander Platz and Checkpoint Charlie - are not far either. The whole area is dotted with art galleries and theatres: that’s after all why we call our apartment "East End“!
Crossing the road you face the stage door of "Admiralspalast“, one of Berlins biggest theatres. Get tickets for the shows in Friedrichstadtpalast, watch a Berthold -Brecht-play in the Berliner Ensemble, visit Volksbühne for some Avantgarde, or even pay a visit to the Opera house.
Facilities East End apartment offers space for up to four people in two quiet double bedrooms situated in opposite corners of the large flat. A fith person could sleep on the sofa in the living room.
The spacious living room lets you work at the desk, relaxing on the sofa, or watch the 40 inch flatscreen television with DVD and surround sound.
Of course you’ll find a fast broadband internet and WiFi, included in the rental costs.
The unusually large and sun-flooded open kitchen serves as a second living room. It sports a coffee-maker, kettle, toaster, microwave, oven, cooker, dishwasher ... you can even prepare a big meal for several people without difficulty in this kitchen!
The bathroom has a bath tub with shower, toilet and a washing machine.
Towels and sheets are provided as is a once-a-week cleaning service. If the rental is longer than two weeks cleaning service can be provided for an extra fee of 60 Euros.
East End Apartment is a non-smoking-space and recommended for people with allergies. (We have easy-to-clean wooden floors and anti-allergic mattresses).
No pets and no smoking allowed - but children are very welcome!
Arrival & Departure Arrival time: After 14:00 (2 pm). Departure time: before 11 a.m. Exceptions are possible. Check-in between 10pm and 12 pm at extra charge of 20 Euros.
Parking: By meter. Also there are several parking houses in the vicinity who offer special rates for whole days or weeks. However we strongly recommend not to use a car at all in central Berlin.
Public transport is cheap and safe.
Rental: Minimum rental 3 days, Maximum 3 months. We do not accept more than 4 people.
Special rates apply for rentals between three weeks to three months. Please send us an inquiry!
Rent includes electricity/gas/water/Internet flatrate, Telephone flatrate within the European Union. For rental periods longer than a week cleaning and linen service is included.
Please study the Terms! (GTCs).
eastendapartment (at) gmail.com
There are literally hundreds of sites and several books about Berlin, its history and its landmarks. If you go to www.berlin.de you find an international version in English, but here we want to recommend some of our favourite cafés and restaurants within walking distance:
Sip your morning coffee amidst politicians, artists and the local celebs and read international papers.
Very good Austrian food.
Mo-So 07.00 - 22.00
Unter den Linden 42
D 10117 Berlin
Tel: (030) 204 36 32
Huge breakfast. Many students and international Berlin residents.
Daily 9.00am until 2.00am
Kleine Hamburger Str. 16
Tel.: (030) 24 62 89 63
Small Italian coffee shop. Fantastic sandwiches with rosemary ham. Great Espressos, Cappuccinos, Lattes....
Tel: (030) 4935311
Kolja Kleeberg's Michelin Star first class cuisine. Reservation a must..
Naturally only with reservation.
Tel: (030) 20 29 73
Best place for Vietnamese food. Call to make a reservation, the place is in high demand.
Alte Schönhauser Str. 46
Tel: (030)9929 6924
For the Pizza lovers: Big crunchy and delicious Pizza, close to Museumsinsel.
Tel: (030) 201 02 22
Quirky burger joint, interesting clientéle! It's also a place to dance.
Schönhauser Allee 6-7
Tel: (030) 50 34 86 86
U-Bahn Rosa Luxemburg-Platz
The Austrian restaurant in Berlin-Mitte (As you know, the owner of East End Apartment is, in fact, Austrian!)
Tel: (030) 2175 1646
U8 Rosenthaler Platz oder U6 Zinnowitzer Straße
If you like real German food and Kölsch beer, thats the place to go.
Tel: (030) 2 82 39 65
Monday till Sunday - 11.00am until open end.
Costly, but good. Quite posh Italian Restaurant in Friedrichsstrasse. Exquisite wines.
Tel: (030) 20672828
General Standard Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions for East End Apartment, Planckstrasse 22, 10117 Berlin
1. Animals: No pets allowed.
2. Rules of the house: Please act according to the general habits and customs in tenement buildings. Disturbing noise has to be avoided, in the apartment and in the yard and the stairway as well. We have a non-smoking policy. There is a backyard you may use for smoking instead. In case of disregard the host has the right to make the apartment no longer available for the guest without any payback of already paid amounts. Please close all windows when leaving. You also have to close the front door after 8 pm. Please turn off the light und turn down the central heating when leaving the apartment.
3. Guest admittance contract: A guest admittance contract is binding the moment the apartment is booked and the booking is confirmed. As soon as your booking via online booking form reaches us your booking is processed. Our confirmation will be made by e-mail.
4. Payment/deposit/outstanding payment: As soon as the guest gets the booking confirmation he commits himself to pay a deposit of 25% of the total rent within 7 working days onto the below mentioned bank account. 75% has to be paid 10 days before guest arrival onto the account . If the booking is shorter notice the full amount for the rental of the apartment plus additional expenses and deposits has to be paid by the guest on the day of his arrival in cash for all the persons und for the whole time of the rental. If there will be any other guests they have to be announced 24 hours in advance and their rental for the night must be paid as well.
(Your name/East-End-Apartment/Dates of reservation)
For Inter-European Transfers:
IBAN: DE43 1005 0000 6014 7416 21
BIC-/SWIFT-Code: BE LA DE BE
Additional Fees: 60 Euro for final cleaning.
Returnable Damage- Deposit: 200 Euro, to be paid at arrival, to be returned at departure if no damage has been done.
5. Cancellation is accepted in written form only: It is possible to cancel a booked accommodation. The cancellation must be in written form and sent by email. There´s always a fee for the handling of 30 €.?A cancellation fee for the nights in which the accommodation cannot be rented is added as follows:
a) If cancelled up to 6 weeks before: 10% of the full amount of the agreed upon rent (20 € minimum plus handling fee)
b) If cancelled up to 30 days before: 40 % of the full amount the agreed upon rent (20 € minimum plus handling fee)
c) If cancelled later: 100% of the agreed upon rent. (20 € minimum plus handling fee)
d) In the case of early departure there will be no payback and generally we also insist on the payment for the whole booked period for renting periods of more than 2 months.
6. Special case: Cancellations up to 48 hours after booking: 50 €. If there are also less than 48 hours between the day of the cancellation und the day of the arrival the fee will be 30 € plus the agreed upon rent for the first two days.?
According to this rule above, all payments done by the guest will be paid back in this case.
7. Non Payment: If the guest is not paying his liabilities we have the right to charge a company with the collection of the bill. All costs coming from the handling of the collection of the bills have to be paid by the guest.
8. Arrival and Departure: Please let us know the approximate time of your arrival at last 24 hours in advance and the definite time of your arrival 30 to 15 minutes in advance. The keys will be delivered at the apartment, combined with a short introduction to the accommodation if you arrive till 10 pm. If you arrive later than 10 pm the keys will be delivered at another place or an extra fee of 10 € has to be paid. In this case the host will inform you how to go on. The apartment is at your disposal from the day of arrival 2 pm till the day of your departure 11 am.
9. Cancellation by the host: The host has the obligation to pay back the full amount of money already paid by the guest if he is not providing the accommodation and in case of written request by the guest the host has to pay these additional compensation:
a) If cancelled up to 2 months before: € 50,-
b) If cancelled up to 14 days before: € 10,- per booked night, maximum € 150,-
c) If cancelled later: € 10,- per booked night, maximum € 200,- The guest renounces explicitly to any further claims from the contract.
10. Liability: While using the accommodation the guest is liable for any damages caused by him. The host is not responsible for any temporary failure of pieces of the equipment, public transport, and so on. There will be no pay back in this case. This also applies for the Acts Of God.
11. Lost Keys: In case of loss of the apartment keys the guest has the liability to pay a fee of 150,- because the locking cylinder has to be exchanged and replaced completely.
12. Equipment: The host is allowed to make changes in the equipment of the accomodation. In the we offer a free High Speed W-LAN Internet connection. No liability is taken for failures from providers.
13. Right of Entrance: The host has the right to enter the apartment for example in case of necessary repairs.He cannot be held responsible for any loss of articles of value.The guest uses the ways to the apartment, the apartment itself , the stairs and the equipment at his own risk.
14. Separability Clause: In case that any of the above mentioned terms should show itself as ineffective, the terms and conditions in general are not affected by it. The partners will try to get to an agreement as close to the intended rules as possible.
15. Jurisdiction: The place of jurisdiction for all conflicts about the rental contract is the part of Berlin where the rented accomodation is located. Place of Jurisdicition is always one of the local courts of Berlin.
We wish you a nice stay.
Responsable for the webpages content according to § 10 Absatz 3 MDStV: E. Donnelly
Responsable for the rental:
Papeleria Labritja 12
E-07810 Sant Joan
The owners are residents in Spain and do not account for VAT